Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Granny Square Obsession...


 
Soooo.... I have a new obsession: crochet!...and more specifically: crocheting granny squares! so much fun :) I've always loved seeing those retro granny square blankets full of so many colours, but never got around to learning how to make my own...until now. My grandma taught me how to knit when I was younger, but for some reason, I always found it so complicated and all I could ever manage to make were tapered and/or crooked scarves. I knew crochet was different than knitting, but had no idea in what way. So, since my grandma doesn't crochet, I decided to consult "grandma youtube". And voila! worked like a charm as always :) There are endless tutorials on youtube for crochet, but one channel that I found particularly helpful was Bethintx1. This is a project I am working on right now that will eventually become a throw pillow for my living room :)


No comments:

Post a Comment